Happy 4th of July! Founding Fathers Inspirational quotes plus Tips to make your Barbecue Super healthy
The American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), the American War of Independence, or simply theRevolutionary War in America, began as a war between the Kingdom of Great Britain and the new United States of America, but gradually expanded to a global war between Britain on one side and the United States, France, Netherlands and Spain on the other. The main result was an American victory, with mixed results for the other powers.
I just wanted to share few of our most important leaders and their sayings, I hope you like them:
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
Argument in Defense of the British Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials (4 December 1770)
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none
Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
- “These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of men and women”
- The Crisis, 1776, Introduction
5 SIMPLE STEPS TO KEEP YOUR JULY 4th BBQ MENU SUPER HEALTHY
1. Use small bread buns for hamburgers or hot dogs ( you may be saving 500 kcal at the end of the meal)
2. Use small portions such as small hamburgers (not full ones), hot dogs bites
3. Use plenty of grilled vegetables such as peppers, tomatoes, celery, carrots (don’t grill them to much, otherwise you would lose the vitamin power
4. Eat slowly, it is not a race!
5. Drink plenty of water and keep the alcoholic drinks to 1-2, If you drive remember you CAN’T DRINK: it is for your family safety and other drivers.
Firing up some neurons in a Barbecue? Absolutely!: Come up with great conversation and topics that requires thinking…..such as what do you think about that issue? sports? intellectual conversation is the best one to fire powerful cognitive neurons!
Happy July 4th!